Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ears on the wall

You moved in
next door
My heart moved up
To my throat
Everytime I saw you
Always too scared
Of the inevitable
Regection
That you would give me

Or so I thought

So here I am
With my ear on the wall
Trying to hear you
But there's no noise
Nothing at all
Just a quiet room
I just sink back to my sound life
All alone

I see you in the hall
You kind of give me
A friendly smile
One day
So there is hope!!!
But still I am me
And after all that's below your level

I go back to my spot on the wall
And I hear you hum
O what a hum
I wish it was you singing to me

But your voice slowly fades
And it get quiet again
I thought I heard a small bumb
Like the pressing of an ear to a wall
But I might just have imagined it

With your room quiet
I sink back to my world

Then a loud crash
My mind instantly thinks
That you're in danger
I rush to your room
Not seeing the plate
I just dropped

I burst through your door
To see you with your ear on the wall
Trying to reach out to me
To someone so like yourself
The only one who can understand

No comments:

Post a Comment