Wednesday, October 7, 2009

stumbling upon myself

i was walking through the halls
like i do on occasion
two small eyes caught my own
peeking through a door
the eyes of a smaller me
not me in a petite package
but a younger me
more innocent
more clean

im ashamed to go near at first
scared that i wont understand
my small insecure self
instilling the greatest fear in me
fear that he will see me
for how unclean i have become

i wasnt always supposed to turn out like this
his confusion at my image is easily seen
i obviously disgust him
i have become exactly what i despised

its not that he wont enjoy becoming me
it will be fun of course
but times that follow will be worse
each time sucking him down
when it gets too much
he'll go to be alone
go in his chrysalis
where the fluids change him permanently
drawing him further from what he was
closer to the filth i am

the moment he and i share
was but very brief
he quickly ran away
before being forced to face me
but its ok
it will come one day
i continue down the hall
with a thought left in my mind
that i might be a little better off
for he has lit the real light inside me
so i go back to my chrysalis
and watch the filth wash away
off of me
and out of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment